<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Traded!/Season Preview 

I've Been Traded!

Following the same path Vladimir Guerrero took in free agency, I've crossed over from the NL East to the AL West in exchange for a bag of sunflower seeds, a bowl of ranch dip, and a correspondent to be named later. I would just like to say that I enjoyed my time with Montreal, but I'm pumped to be your source for all your Angels' fantasy fancies in 2004. My archive site is already up at http://angelsflb.blogspot.com, although most of what you'll find there at this point is a whole slew of Montreal Expos information disguised in a Halos' color scheme. But, my friends, that's all about to change from here on. The e-mail, angelsflb@insightbb.com, is all set up and ready for you to take advantage of as well. Any questions you have, feel free to shoot me a line.

Where to Begin?

It's less than a week until the first regular season game for MLB and we've gotta a lotta ground to cover. Despite my sporty new silver halo, I unfortunately don't have the supernatural ability to catch you completely up overnight. I will, however, over the course of the next few weeks (hopefully less) be giving you a piece-by-piece breakdown of the Halos. I'll work hard to get you up to speed with the rest of the league, and we'll hit our stride early enough in the season that it'll be like I was here from the first day of camp.

Remember that Silver Thing With All the Flags?

With a 77-85 finish in 2003, most folks outside the former Edison International, now Angel Stadium have forgotten about that hardware the Halos hoisted just two years ago. Is this team that far removed from the World Championship team of 2002? I think you'd be surprised. Obviously after adding Guerrero, Guillen, Escobar, and Colon the A's and Mariners certainly have good cause to look over their shoulders as see if that 19-game gap between the Angels and first place is going to shrink. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they definitely don't like what they see on the horizon.

Draft Quick Hits

While I don't have any in-depth analysis complete just yet (I mean, come on, I just got shipped yesterday), I do have a complete listing of every Halo player who is being drafted (or maybe should be drafted) available on the archive site along with some quick analysis regarding where they're being taken, if that's too high/low, and just how each of them could help you bring home that silver thing with all the flags in your fantasy league this year (oh wait, I meant your banner/t-shirt). I'll update these at least weekly until April 16th (the last day eligible to draft on ESPN), changing the projections as necessary to give you the most complete breakdown on when, where, and why to take the Angels in your draft.

Juice Up the Battery

If we're gonna get this flight off the ground, we're gonna need a battery rundown (but not a rundown battery--yeah, corny). And that's just what we'll tackle next time. From the mound to behind the plate, the Angels certainly have at least a couple of guys who could help out huge this year. And even if they don't, well hey, it's still always fun talkin' baseball. Click the e-mail notification link at the top right part of the page if you wanna be kept in the halo. Until then, reporting for the Expos, er, Angels, this is Matt Allen--ESPN.